Depression Doctor in Schaumburg, IL
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein
You must keep your hope alive if you want to win the depression battle. You should stop dwelling in the past and face the present head-on.
Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest.
It affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems.
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
For many people with depression, symptoms usually are severe enough to cause noticeable problems in day-to-day activities, such as work, school, social activities or relationships with others. Some people may feel generally miserable or unhappy without really knowing why.
The Doctors of Horizon Medical Center deeply care about you and will work to find the help that you need. We understand how important your mental health is. It is our mission to guide you to the road of successful recovery from depression*.
“THERE ARE FAR, FAR BETTER THINGS AHEAD THAN ANYTHING WE LEAVE BEHIND.” -C. S. LEWIS
To overcome depression, you must train your mind to hope for a brighter future. By focusing your mind on a positive future, it helps you overcome the darkest moments from your past. Always hope for a bright future and your fears and anxieties cannot push you to depression.
*Do you suffer from depression? Take the following quiz to find out: